Working at Freehub Magazine
Career Opportunities | Internship Opportunities | Become a Contributor
Freehub Media showcases the people, communities and places that make mountain biking the most captivating sport on the planet.
With a focus on timeless, in-depth feature storytelling, Freehub Media publishes high-quality writing, still photography and films via print and online channels. Dedicated to thoughtful mountain bike journalism, Freehub magazine has earned a spot on the coffee tables and bookshelves of new riders and seasoned professionals alike. It’s more than just a magazine, it’s our sport’s undeniable journal of record, independently owned since 2009.
We are constantly looking for talent to join us on this ever-expanding journey. If you have any inquiries regarding open positions please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Team at Freehub Media
We do not have any career opportunities at this time.
We do not have any internship opportunities at this time.
Becoming a Contributor
Freehub Media welcomes story pitches for consideration for publication online and in print. Before sending your pitch, please carefully review our submission tips and guidelines:
- Original ideas are best. Only original and previously-unpublished material will be considered. Please let us know if you’ve already pitched your story elsewhere.
- We’re looking for the full package. The strongest pitches we receive include a detailed plan for both visual and written components of a story. We do not publish one-off photo submissions.
- Journalistic integrity. We pride ourselves in taking a quality over quantity approach to storytelling and upholding a high degree of journalistic standards. We expect contributors to be comfortable writing in a third-person style and to consult multiple sources during the reporting process. If your pitch is accepted, expect to work closely with one of our editors to fact-check, edit and refine your piece until it’s ready for publishing.
- The nitty-gritty. We require writers to submit their work in a Word document and photographers provide links to downloadable online galleries for review. Before publishing in print, we ask photographers to provide us with high-resolution DNG files.
Ready to submit? Send your detailed story pitch to email@example.com. We do our best to reply to each submission we receive and will always keep your ideas confidential.