Digital Content Manager
Freehub Media seeks candidates for a full-time Digital Content Manager position with the proven ability to think creatively and analytically in a dynamic mountain bike media environment. Digital Content Manager duties include publishing digital content, formulating social media strategies, implementing and scheduling content releases as well as coordinating with our Editorial and Sales teams, among other tasks. The Digital Content Manager will also work to execute sales deliverables and marketing campaigns.
Our ideal candidate should be comfortable finding creative ways of building an online presence across Freehub Media's channels, as well as using analytics in the formulation of an overall content strategy—comprised mainly of feature article releases, multimedia project launches, web-based contests as well as finding ways to use unique images and videos for fostering engagement online and in support of Freehub's overarching goals.
This role requires a distinct ability to work in tandem with and coordinate between all members of Freehub's team. The ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal communication skills and take a proactive approach to incoming projects.
Freehub Media is an independently owned outfit based in Bellingham, Washington that produces Freehub and Craft MTN magazines. Our flagship title, Freehub, is a reader-oriented, quarterly publication with a subscriber base spanning North America and around the globe. Craft MTN is a biannual, Northwest culture magazine distributed within the region. A deep love for cycling and a respect for the ever-growing outdoor community is a commonality shared among all staff members.
Digital Content Manager Responsibilities
- Managing calendars and deadlines for a team consisting of contributors, editors, graphic designers and videographers
- Formulating a cross-platform content strategy
- Developing new project ideas with team members
- Growing an engaged following across all digital channels including web and social media
- Providing creative, logistical and technical support to team members
- Tracking web analytics to ascertain content engagement levels
- Managing multimedia content across all platforms, including website, email and social media
- Communicating project status, key issues/decisions and coordinating meetings throughout project life cycles with appropriate business units and stakeholders
Digital Content Manager Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- At least 1-2 years experience in a similar role, bike/outdoor industry preferred
- A strong awareness of journalistic integrity and ethics
- Adept at keyword placement and SEO best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly computer literate with spreadsheets and scheduling tools
- Proficiency with popular content management systems
- Experience with social media management
- Creativity and the ability to develop original content that provokes engagement
- Knowledge of internet culture and the digital multimedia landscape
- Informed decision making skills based on best practices, analytics and industry trends
- Strong leadership qualities
- Proven ability to manage time and schedules with multiple stakeholders and cross-functional teams to meet deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Highly professional with excellent judgment
- Willingness to work some early mornings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to plan and execute projects while meeting critical milestones and deliverables
- Effectively manage multiple project schedules, priorities and help negotiate conflicts as needed to meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Positive, self-motivated attitude
Salary: Compensation based on experience
Start Date: January 9th, 2023
Work Location: Bellingham, WA
To apply for the Digital Content Manager position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The deadline to apply is December 9th, 2022.