For mountain bike zealots there are two ways to deal with winter: embrace the wet and cold, or start getting ready for the spring.
The option is usually dictated by geographical location. For us in the Northwest, we never really put away our bikes, while those in the high country switch into full-on winter mode and the desert dwellers continue to pedal with perfect temperatures. But wherever you are, and whatever your approach to winter is, the holidays are always a great excuse to add to your wardrobe, geek out on new gear, replace old components or upgrade your quiver. These are some of the latest and greatest products that will surely stoke out any bike fanatic whether they're riding every day or counting down to the spring thaw.
1. SRAM Eagle GX - $495 | Upgrade to the latest 1x12 technology at a very reasonable price. Buy Now
2. SRAM Code RSC Brakes - $244 | Step up your stopping power for even the greasiest of winter rides.
3. Crankbrothers Stamp 3 - $100 | The latest in the Stamp lineup provides quality at a great price.
4. Fox 36 Float - $979 | The new FIT4 damper and EVOL technology make this fork a game changer.
5. Cascade Racing Designs Drifter 29" - $899 | The latest and greatest carbon wheels to come out of the Northwest.
Winter Riding Essentials
1. Bell Sixer MIPS - $150 | Bell's latest addition to their trail lineup, equipped with MIPS technology.
2. CatEye Volt6000 - $800 | Light up the forest on all your winter night rides. Buy Now
3. 100% Aircraft - $450 | It's never too early to start thinking about bike park season next summer.
4. CamelBak M.U.L.E. - $110 | Pack everything you need (including your favorite winter ale) into this 9 liter pack.
5. Mons Royal Merino Tee - $80 | Nothing works better in winter riding conditions than a wool base layer.
6. SCOTT Prospect Goggle - $100 | Keep the mud out of your eyes on even the most sloppy days.
Gear for the Lifestyle
1. GoPro Karma - $800 | Take your edits to the next level with GoPro's Karma Drone.
2. F-Stop Tilopa - $319 | Keep all your camera gear safe and accessible when the going (and shooting) gets rough.
3. Pelican Air Case - $170 | Pelican's new Air Case lets you keep your camera setup as light as possible.
4. Klean Kanteen Insulated Classic 20oz - $31 | Keep any beverage at the perfect temperature, be it hot or cold.
5. Freehub 6-Panel Icon Hat - $25 | Fly the Freehub flag with this comfy, low-crown cotton twill hat.
Gifts for the Adventurous
1. F-stop Dalston - $149 | Keep all your camera gear safe and handy on every adventure.
2. EVOC Bike Travel Bag XL - $545 | Make sure your bike is safe while flying to the next destination.
3. Yeti Tundra 75 - $450 | Every mountain biker appreciates cold beers.
4. 10 Barrel Joe IPA - $10 | The perfect finish to any winter ride.
5. Patagonia Micro Puff Hoody - $299 | Pre-ride, mid-ride or post-ride, Patagonia's latest puffy always fits in.
6. MSR PocketRocket 2 - $45 | From bike-packing to ski touring, a packable stove always comes in handy.
7. Tepui Autana Rooftop Tent - $2750 | The perfect addition to any road trip.
8. Thermarest Questar HD 20 - $250 | Stay warm on even the coldest missions this winter.
1. Norco Sight A1 - $3899 | An aluminum all-mountain slayer at a great price.
2. Santa Cruz Nomad C XE - $5899 | The newly redesigned Nomad is fit to take on any trail, any time.
3. Evil Following MB - $2899 (Frame only) | A longer wheel base and metric shock take the Following to a new level.
4. Devinci Troy Carbon - $4500 | Carbon with an Eagle GX drivetrain keeps things snappy yet reasonably priced.